I've opened so many tickets in the last 3 weeks so...

Executing startup script...
Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
DAZ Studio Started
Creating Pixel Buffer
Pixel buffer - Width: 2048 Height: 2048
Compiling OpenGL Shader...
Fragment Shader:
No errors.
Fragment Shader compiled successfully.
Linking Shader:
No errors.
Shader Program successfully linked.

WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Updated metadata for 1 of 3 items.
Updated metadata for 2 of 3 items.
WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=10054
WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Carrara Hair Caps for Genesis and Genesis 2', default_name = 'Carrara Hair Caps for Genesis and Genesis 2', store_id = 1, token = '17109', artists = 'DAZ 3D,Josh Darling', description = '', guid = '4a839622-3c2b-4c56-8f6b-2c6f429553b5', meta_hash = '8d20967b57dbe6149dd436a73c91a03b', file_hash = 'f983f25e26212c0fa4b143d808e49dea', thumbnail_path = '', thumbnail_hash = '', last_update = '2013-08-29 18:52:54', date_purchased = '2016-03-01 02:48:30', date_installed = '2016-04-17 04:15:22', release_date = '1970-01-01 00:00:00', group_num = 0, hide = 'f', is_vendor = 't', has_cloud_meta_data = 't', is_installed = 'f', is_cloud_owned = 't', needs_update = 'f', normalized_name = 'carrara hair caps for genesis and genesis 2', normalized_name_first_letter = 'C' WHERE id = 722) failed with exception: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(4a839622-3c2b-4c56-8f6b-2c6f429553b5) already exists.

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(4a839622-3c2b-4c56-8f6b-2c6f429553b5) already exists.

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(649): sync completed with errors, 2 items succeeded, 1 items failed.
Metadata update failed: 2 items succeeded, 1 items failed.
WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
 Json Parser (78148,1): Unexpected end of file in object.
Error reading file, see log for more details.

I'm getting the error when I try to open a scene I saved. It's a very simple scene but I get  

everytime I try to open it. Should I create a ticket or does anyone have troubleshooting tips on how to avoid this?

I'm thinking something must be wrong with the Guy7 HD with the Eddie Texture Set, the RWI Track & Field Suit, the 3DU Toon Generations Basketball Court, the Toon Generations Basketball, or the Hague Stadium, Netherlands HRDI Freebie as those are the only things in the scene.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

It may be that it is trying to load a Carrara file,  'Carrara Hair Caps for Genesis and Genesis 2', which is causing DAZ Studio to throw up the error.

• While it is odd that the hair caps are appearing there, I don't think that is related to your issue. Unfortuantely soemthign occasionally seems to glitch with the DSON output to a compressed file - in the couple of cases I've been able toe xamine it's happened while writing data for a plug-in (a different plug-in each time) but I don't know if that's the rule. Please open a support ticket with the file attached - until the developers can figure out the trigger it will not be fixable. In the meantime, I haven't seen any reports of this with uncompressed scene files so I am inclined toa dvise turning compression off.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

OK, I'll do so. I've already created that particular scene twice because it gets corrupted but not with every save though.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I am getting this error     WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

When trying to load about 2/3 of my 3 Delight Shaders as well as a couple of Iray shaders.  Seems to affect the 3Delight far more though.  And it just started happening yesterday they were all working fine before then. Don't know if its related to what you have going on or not....

I am getting this error     WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

When trying to load about 2/3 of my 3 Delight Shaders as well as a couple of Iray shaders.  Seems to affect the 3Delight far more though.  And it just started happening yesterday they were all working fine before then. Don't know if its related to what you have going on or not....

I get that one too. 36 times on startup. It would be nice, mainly to make other troubleshooting easier, to have a utility that was linked with the same libpng DAZ Studio 4.9.1.30 uses and then search for png files and updated their sRGB profiles to be correct. I'm guessing those errors are just for some of the thumbnails DAZ Studio uses but am not sure as I haven't opened no debug tools to check.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Png files don't need the sRGB profile...so the best fix is to remove them.  ImageMagik can do it in a batch process...

mjc1016 said:

Png files don't need the sRGB profile...so the best fix is to remove them.  ImageMagik can do it in a batch process...

Thanks, I guess because they are lossless. Is that a real word?

LOL, ImageMagick has been around since I've been in college.

Hmmm...Windows Defender claimed the ImageMagick-6.9.3-8-Q16-HDRI-x64-dll.exe was claimed to have a Trojan (Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl) so I'll report it to the site administrators at ImageMagick.org. The ImageMagick-6.9.3-8-Q16-HDRI-x64-static.exe, ImageMagick-6.9.3-8-Q16-HDRI-x86-static.exe, and ImageMagick-6.9.3-8-Q16-x86-dll.exe come back clean though.

Looks like my bug is probably because I checked 'Optiplex' in the Advanced section of the iRay Renderer although I've bought the Optiplex Plugin.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I get that one too. 36 times on startup. It would be nice, mainly to make other troubleshooting easier, to have a utility that was linked with the same libpng DAZ Studio 4.9.1.30 uses and then search for png files and updated their sRGB profiles to be correct. I'm guessing those errors are just for some of the thumbnails DAZ Studio uses but am not sure as I haven't opened no debug tools to check.

I only get itwhen trying to apply certain shaders.  And its only started doing it the last couple of days.  on stuff that worked fine for the last several months.  Weird. Well going to try and do some more research and see if I can figure it out.They are still usable I just can't double click on them.  Other wise, I guess I will be filing a support ticket as well.  Still need to check if its doing the same thing on my laptop or not since its 4.8 and the pc is 4.9

I only get itwhen trying to apply certain shaders.  And its only started doing it the last couple of days.  on stuff that worked fine for the last several months.  Weird. Well going to try and do some more research and see if I can figure it out.They are still usable I just can't double click on them.  Other wise, I guess I will be filing a support ticket as well.  Still need to check if its doing the same thing on my laptop or not since its 4.8 and the pc is 4.9

I've had it since installed DAZ Studio, well since the 1st time I checked the log in DAZ Studio but that was only last month.

If PNG are actually containing RGB profiles then mjc1016 says they are invalid. Mystery is what program created them or more likely converted the from jpg.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

PNG doesn't NEED a profile...it can have one attached, but it needs to meet specific criteria.  Actually, most programs just ignore any color profiles attached to png files.  Libpng (part of Qt) has been made much more strict in what it regards as valid profiles.  Potentially that could mean ANY profile BEFORE this version of libpng could be 'wrong'....which could mean ANY PNG made over a year or two ago has a 'wrong' profile attached to it.

That said...the ICCP profile 'error' IS NOT CAUSING this problem..it is an informational message only. 

mjc1016 said:

PNG doesn't NEED a profile...it can have one attached, but it needs to meet specific criteria.  Actually, most programs just ignore any color profiles attached to png files.  Libpng (part of Qt) has been made much more strict in what it regards as valid profiles.  Potentially that could mean ANY profile BEFORE this version of libpng could be 'wrong'....which could mean ANY PNG made over a year or two ago has a 'wrong' profile attached to it.

That said...the ICCP profile 'error' IS NOT CAUSING this problem..it is an informational message only. 

OK thanks. I know the information message isn't a problem. I bet the png library is just complaining about an old profile version that's had new fields added to it.

I submitted the real bug to DAZ via browser on their web site but curiously did not get an email acknowleging my submission of the bug. Since that time, I've unchecked the Optiplex in the Advance Render and recreated my scene that it crashed.